[rabbitmq-discuss] AS3 library under windows

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 21:57:33 BST 2008

Anne,

I don't suppose you are still looking into the issues you were having
with the AS3 client, but I just wanted to let you know that you did
actually have a real issue, for which I found a solution today.

It turns out the the way socket IO is handled under windows differs
from the behavior seen on OSX, although we are talking about a virtual
machine.

I wrote a test to isolate the socket library and ran it against a
simple Echo server -  the difference between Windows and OSX is that
the client has to explicitly flush the socket every time it wants to
send a command. On OSX this is not necessary.

So the fix, although it took a very long time to isolate, was one line of code.

Ben