[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmqctl issues

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Wed Oct 1 22:24:41 BST 2008

Would you like to try this?

Please ensure that you are using the same Erlang cookie that Rabbit was
started with. This is in a file is named $HOME/.erlang.cookie where $HOME is
the directory of the user that started rabbitmq. If you try to run commands
that connect to the rabbitmq Erlang node, using a different user name, even
as root, if it does not have the same cookie file, the commands will fail.

It's best to control rabbit exclusively as one user, for example as the
rabbit user.

Hope this helps,
Edwin