[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbitmqctl issues

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 21:52:22 BST 2008

Hi,

I also run into the same thing (actually happened ~15 minutes ago), I'm
using Ubuntu 8.04.
(installed RabbitMQ by adding the relevant line to /etc/apt/source.list,
then using apt-get).

I usually just find the relevant processes and kill them, then run
'rabbitmq-server -detached'
to start things back up.

I just assumed I was missing something (maybe I still am :-)

thanks
-Alex

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:29 PM, Peter Kieltyka <peter.kieltyka at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> For the longest time, I've struggled to be able to control the server
> to do basic start/stop/restart commands.
>
> Currently on my production server I am running Debian Etch where I
> followed the instructions at http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian.html to
> install Rabbit.
>
> Running the rabbitmq-server or rabbitmq-multi start_all 1 commands
> will bring the server online, however to stop it, or add a user none
> of the scripts work. I am always presented with an error, bad_node.
>
> I.e.
>
> Creating user "patbroker" ...
> rabbit_control action add_user failed:
> {badrpc,nodedown}
>
> However, I can confirm that Rabbit is running fine because my
> application is working just fine. I've even tried explicitly
> specifying the -n rabbit at broker (hostname -s returns broker).
>
> The same goes for stopping the server, either using /etc/init.d/
> rabbitmq-server stop, or calling "rabbitmq-multi stop_all" directly
> will result in:
>
> Stopping all nodes...
>
> rabbit_multi action stop_all failed:
> no_nodes_running