[rabbitmq-discuss] JSON dependency for codegen - suggestion

Esteve Fernandez esteve at sindominio.net
Wed Nov 19 22:26:42 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 19 November 2008 22:57:57 Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
> Any python wiz who knows what changed from 2.5 to 2.6 that could cause
> such breakage?

Not that I would consider myself a wiz, but the problem is that 2.6 comes with
a built-in json module.

However, the json module that codegen depends upon (python-json) is not the
actual Python 2.6. I think codegen should use python-simplejson, which became
the default json module in Python 2.6.

I'm attaching a patch which makes codegen use simplejson, hope that helps.

Cheers.