[rabbitmq-discuss] JSON dependency for codegen - suggestion

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:24:00 GMT 2008

Guys,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:17 PM, Dmitriy Samovskiy
<dmitriy.samovskiy at cohesiveft.com> wrote:

> Hi Holger,
>
> Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
>>
>> Any python wiz who knows what changed from 2.5 to 2.6 that could cause
>> such breakage?
> Looks to me like python2.6 ships with json based on simplejson, which might be different
> from old json.py?

I had this happen to me at a presentation this week - I had upgraded
to 2.6 and just did an hg clone at the presentation.

I didn't look into it because I was trying to demo something in front
of an audience, so I just copied an old version of json.py into the
rabbitmq-codegen directory and got on with it.

But from what I can tell is that the API that ships with 2.6 is
different from that of the json.py module.

A python expert may be able to assist.....

Ben