[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq-discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 34

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Wed Nov 19 12:43:49 GMT 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 4:11 PM, Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ez at engineyard.com> wrote:

>> At the RabbitMQ meet up in San Francisco recently I asked people for
>> Their top 'wanted' features.  The answers were:
>>
>> - qos
>> - pluggable queues / disk paging
>> - management
>> - even simpler 'send' + 'get' type clients
>>
>> Any other things - or are these still the 'top few'?
>
>        I'd really like to see some sort of read/write ACL's for queues or
> exchanges. My use case is for my nanite project. I want to have limited
> producers that can publish to an exchange but cannot read from said exchange
> so they cannot see what other agents are posting.

Thanks Ezra.

I think something like this is definitely needed if 'frequency of
request' is anything to go by.

What about web interfaces?  By which I mean accessing RabbitMQ over
HTTP.  This is possible using the embedded server today, but could be
taken further in terms of what operations are supported.

alexis