[rabbitmq-discuss] Channel crashes after basic.cancel_ok.

Edwin Fine rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net
Sat May 10 01:02:27 BST 2008

Thanks, Ben, I will take a look and give you some feedback.

In the meantime, I have done the following:

   - Changed my consumer code (I use the term "consumer" loosely as
   "anything that eats the output of a producer") to use basic.get instead of
   basic.consume. Actually, it's set up so that I can select basic.get or
   basic.consume behavior at run-time. I didn't want to throw away working
   basic.consume code :)
   - Changed the process that creates consumers so that it now creates one
   channel per consumer. Previously, there was one channel only for all
   consumers. One-channel-per-consumer was the only way I could get the code to
   work with the network client; in the one-channel scenario I was getting back
   your changes I will be able to again use one channel for all consumers.
   - I tested with 50 queues (each with its own consumer and channel) and it
   seemed reasonably performant, even with the get. I need to try a full-blast
   test soon.

Again, thanks for your help and patience, and do let me know if you see any
merit in the rbmq_admin module I wrote, or if maybe you guys are releasing
an official one.

Regards,
Ed