[rabbitmq-discuss] odd consumer behaviour

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri May 2 12:19:56 BST 2008

David,

David.Corcoran at edftrading.com wrote:
> I think I've hit a problem with prefetching and RabbitMQ. Do you think this
> might be the case?

As I said in my previous email: "the RpcServer [...] will actually
consume messages from the underlying AMQP queue as fast as it can
without waiting for them to be processed."

So in effect the RpcServer is doing prefetching.

The easiest way to change that is to switch the way the RpcServer gets
the messages from a push to a pull model, i.e. using AMQP's basic.get
rather than basic.consume.

Matthias.