[rabbitmq-discuss] Errors using Windows .NET Client Library

Bill Chikirivao billc at inworksol.com
Sun Mar 30 07:00:37 BST 2008

Please can someone help me with an explanation.  I really appreciate any help you can give me.I am getting some errors when I try to run any of the examples that come with the .NET rabbitmq-dotnet-1.2.8025.1832-net-2.0 download.  I am running RabbitMQ server 1.2.0 which comes from the bundles in the windows  complete-rabbitmq-bundle-1.2.0.zip download.  When I run any of the samples I get the following error:

{RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.ProtocolVersionMismatchException: AMQP server protocol negotiation failure: server version 0-8, transport parameters -1:-1
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase.Open(Boolean insist)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Impl.ConnectionBase..ctor(ConnectionParameters parameters, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9.Connection..ctor(ConnectionParameters parameters, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.Framing.Impl.v0_9.ProtocolBase.CreateConnection(ConnectionParameters parameters, Boolean insist, IFrameHandler frameHandler)
   at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.FollowRedirectChain(Int32 maxRedirects, IDictionary connectionAttempts, IDictionary connectionErrors, AmqpTcpEndpoint[]& mostRecentKnownHosts, AmqpTcpEndpoint endpoint)}

If I make code changes such that I change the protocol to AMQP_0_8 in my app.config file and then set the protocol as Protocols.FromConfiguration("my-protocol");
Then I am able to connect and I don't get the same exception.  Is this the expected behavior?  and further does the RabbitMQ server only support AMQP 0-8?  And if the examples are primarily targeted for RabbitMQ then why have the default to AMQP 0-9 such that you have to explicitly change the protocol to 0-8 when running against RabbitMQ?