[rabbitmq-discuss] NPE in RpcClient

Neil Ellis neil.ellis at mangala.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 17:48:13 GMT 2008

Hi Folks

Not sure if this has already been reported; in version 1.2.0 of lib-
rabbitmq there is a NPE if the publish() method has been called on
RpcClient because the temp queue picks it up and attempts to call
setBody() on the blocker. Trivially chaning blocker.set(body) to have
a NP check fixes this:

                    if(blocker != null) {
	                    blocker.set(body);
                     }

This was line 150 of RpcClient. I've cc-ed the list for the mule
transport as it is the mule transport using publish() that caused my
problem.

Btw. The website for the work I'm doing is http://mule4newton.codecauldron.org/mule4newton-examples/mule4newton-rabbitmq/index.html
  and the src is at http://svn.codecauldron.org/mule4newton/trunk/examples/rabbitmq/
  - basically we're combining Newton, Mule and RabbitMQ as an
illustration of a flexible open-source based messaging system.

Kind regards
Neil