[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq dying

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 10:58:02 BST 2008

David,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:27 AM,  <David.Corcoran at edftrading.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I'm confused myself. What happened is that one of the other
> developers here said the all his clients had disconnected from rabbitmq.
> The error on his screen was about no heartbeat for 3 seconds. I tried to
> connect with a lightweight java client that just creates and deletes a
> queue and I couldn't. It tried for a few seconds then died with
> INTERNAL_ERROR in the exception reason. So I started writing an email to
> the list. By the time I had finished the email people could connect to
> RabbitMQ again. I haven't restarted it.

Can I assume now that you can use the lightweight client to perform
the queue creation/delete?

Can I also ask some questions about how the Java client is running:

- What is the network connection to the broker like?
- Have you tried setting a higher heartbeat in the client (the default
is 3 seconds)?
- What OS are the clients running (this is a long shot because it
shouldn't matter, but we do know of a *bug* in the .NET Socket API in
this regard)?

> Does that sound normal? :)

Depends what *normal* is :-)

Ben