[rabbitmq-discuss] Routing algorithm

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 10:47:18 BST 2008

Hi Abhishek,

> Can you please let me know what kind of routing algorithm is being used in the server, to match the incoming events with the corresponding queues. I think Mnesia is used as the
> distributed DBMS, but I was just curious to know about the routing algorithm and its performance.

I'm forwarding this message to the rabbit discussion list because
we're trying to keep all conversations in one place, so that everybody
can benefit.

So it would be great to keep this discussion in this forum :-)

The answer to your question lies (unfortunately for you) in the spec:
http://jira.amqp.org/confluence/download/attachments/720900/amqp0-8.pdf?version=1

The type of routing depends on the type of exchange, whether it's
direct, fanout, topic or headers.

I hope this is a good starting point for your investigations,

Ben