[rabbitmq-discuss] confused about permissions.

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Sun Jan 13 22:50:57 GMT 2008

Steve,

Steve Jenson wrote:

> When I connect (as user example with a vhost of example.com) to
> rabbitmq using the Java API (via Scala), I run into an error:
> [...]
> rabbit.log shows:
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 11-Jan-2008::19:11:00 ===
> accepted TCP connection on 0.0.0.0:5672 from 127.0.0.1:55165
>
> =INFO REPORT==== 11-Jan-2008::19:11:00 ===
> Realm access refused: bad path; User <<"example">>, VHost
> <<"example.com">>, Realm <<"/mail">>

The AMQP 0-8 spec says
<quote>
     The realm name MUST start with either "/data" (for application
     resources) or "/admin" (for server administration resources).
     If the realm starts with any other path, the server MUST raise
     a connection exception with reply code 403 (access refused).
</quote>

So the error you are seeing is because your realm doesn't start with
/data or /admin.

Matthias.