[rabbitmq-discuss] Experimental STOMP adapter available

Tom Samplonius tom at samplonius.org
Sun Feb 3 09:53:45 GMT 2008

----- "Tony Garnock-Jones" <tonyg at lshift.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I’ve just made our experimental STOMP adapter to RabbitMQ available.
>
> STOMP (http://stomp.codehaus.org/Home) is a very simple messaging wire
>
> protocol, with what appears to be fairly broad client support. I've
> only
> personally experimented with the Perl Net::Stomp client, but according
>
> to http://stomp.codehaus.org/Clients, there are a bunch of options
> available.
>
> Please try it out and let me know what you think! I've made a blog
> post
> summarising getting the thing running:
> http://www.lshift.net/blog/2008/02/02/how-to-run-rabbitmqs-experimental-stomp-adapter
>
> If you use mercurial, you can get a checkout of the adapter code with
>
> hg clone http://www.lshift.net/~tonyg/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/rabbitmq-stomp/
>
> I would have put the repository on dev.rabbitmq.com, but for some
> extremely unfortunate network setup issues we suffer from inside our
> firewall at present. Once we sort the problems out, all RabbitMQ
> mercurial repositories will be moving to dev.rabbitmq.com.

  It would cool if the RabbitMQ Makefile used $(MAKE) instead of just executing "make".  Some systems have multiple make versions, with different names.  So "make" may not be GNU make.  Using $(MAKE) solves this problem.

  But so far Stomp support looks ok.  Is the plan to include the protocol into the RabbitMQ tree later, or will be it always be an extra download?

> Regards,
>    Tony

Tom