[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ plus Spring

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Thu Dec 11 10:56:00 GMT 2008

Joern,

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:08 AM, Joern <opendev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Alexis,
>
> 2008/12/10 Alexis Richardson <alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com>:
>
>> What is the MINIMAL coding that we can do in order to get people
>> enough code to get their teeth into?  So, for example, to get Mark
>> Pollack enough for Spring Extensions?
>
> I think a template hierarchy for the common use cases

I see.  When you say common use cases - how should we define these:

* to mean 'as expected by the Spring user'?
* how about 'following Spring JMS templates'?
* or - as naturally suggested by AMQP?

Perhaps there is little difference between the above, though I would
imagine following JMS patterns would be sensible.

A list of patterns and use cases is provided in the third section of
this guide: http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-dotnet-client/v1.4.0/rabbitmq-dotnet-client-1.4.0-user-guide.pdf

Ignore the .NET aspects since these all transfer to Java too.

> (which I do not
> know in all the details - maybe things like assert a certain
> exchange/queue combination AND subscribe to that AND publish to that
> via an interface) is a must have.

Great - could you create that as a guide for others?

> The basic connection abstraction is
> quite easy, especially when using Tiger features.

Cool.

alexis