[rabbitmq-discuss] anyone using Twisted?

Guillaume Theoret smokinn at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 17:24:16 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Kyle <ksalasko at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Ben Hood <0x6e6562 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You might then be interested in Barry Pedersen's library that doesn't
>> thread:
>> http://barryp.org/software/py-amqplib/
>
> I've been trying to find a good solution to using amqp within a Twisted
> framework for a while now. Barry's library was the first thing we tried, but
> unfortunately found that it caused errors within the Twisted reactor that
> were very hard to track down, and using wait() in a loop doesn't work well
> when the rest of the code is asynchronous. Eventually we settled on using
> RabbitMQ's Java bindings through JPype, which has its own problems, not the
> least of which is bringing a JVM into the process, which I'd love to get rid
> of.
>
>> We've resolved these and other issues. In the end, it will help me
>> open source the code to know the level of your interest in it. I'll
>> announce any news on this list.
>
> A solid Twisted AMQP library would be great, we've been thinking about
> working on one for a while now, but it got lost in the background after we
> ran with the Java client with no issues. Definitely a lot of interest here.

Same here. I tried for a while with Barry's library but couldn't
figure out a couple of things (probably my fault though not his, still
very new at AMQP and don't fully understand how a lot of the stuff is
supposed to be done yet) and since I got the Java client going so well
and easily we went with that.

Here we (and I) definitely prefer coding in python =)