[rabbitmq-discuss] Secure file transfer

Dimitar Bakardzhiev dimitar.bakardzhiev at rexintegra.com
Tue Aug 19 09:53:23 BST 2008

Hi Ben,

We have to send file not stream them, because we will transfer documents
no video.
So I am not interested in the Stream class.

Regarding using SSL  -I looked atthe SSL guide
http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#ssl but since we'll encrypt I'd
prefer to encrypt the document.

> If the issue causes the underlying connection to close, you may want
> to want to use the ShutdownListener interface to perform some kind of
> recovery, but one what you actually do may depend on how your
> application handles resends. Have you implemented any chunking,
> streaming or partial acknowledgments? Is this transactional at all?

Yes, we will implement chunking but there will be no transactions. The
use case is as such :
1)The Producer sends a file to The Server.
2) The server stores the file somewhere...
3) The Consumer checks if there any new files for him and if there are
gets it.

So I need a way to :
1) restart both the sending and the receiving
2) store the files somewhere on the server.

Reading the 0.8 spec it seems to me that RabbitMQ must provide both.

Am I wrong?

Thanks,
Dimitar