[rabbitmq-discuss] Secure file transfer

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:21:49 BST 2008

Dimitar,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Dimitar Bakardzhiev
<dimitar.bakardzhiev at rexintegra.com> wrote:
> Our use case is to provide secure file transfer.
>
> Reading AMQP 0.8 spec it is stated that the protocol itself is secure,
> but since there is no encryption mention in the spec we will encrypt the
> files we are sending to RabbitMQ.

Please be aware that the file streaming class specified in 0-8 is not
implemented and probably will be removed from a revised version of the
specification.

Have you looked at the SSL guide http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#ssl ?

> 2) how we have to use Java client in order to restart sending of a file
> if some transient network issue occurs?

If the issue causes the underlying connection to close, you may want
to want to use the ShutdownListener interface to perform some kind of
recovery, but one what you actually do may depend on how your
application handles resends. Have you implemented any chunking,
streaming or partial acknowledgments? Is this transactional at all?

Ben