[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ logs, ticket check

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 16:58:25 BST 2008

Edwin,

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Edwin Fine
<rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net> wrote:
> Ben,
>
> Um, does this mean that:
>
> In rabbitmqctl,
>
>   add_realm    <VHostPath> <RealmName>
>   delete_realm <VHostPath> <RealmName>
>   list_realms  <VHostPath>
>   set_permissions  <UserName> <VHostPath> <RealmName> [<Permission> ...]
>
> will disappear?

Yes.

> Furthermore, does this mean that our code will have to remove all references
> to realms? Or are you leaving all that syntax in place but just making it a
> NOOP?

If you using an internal API, e.g. rabbitmqctl, then yes, we are
removing all references to it.

Internal APIs are always subject to change.

If you are using the wire protocol, the access.request command and
usage of tickets will become NOOPs.

Also, although I can't say with any certainty, because it is pending a
vote by the working group on 0-9 SP1, the fields *may* also be removed
from the wire format.

However, if you are using the Erlang client, this will be transparent to you.

Just out of interest's sake, what functionality are you actually using
wrt to realms?

HTH,

Ben