[rabbitmq-discuss] Any change of getting Ubuntu 6.06 packages?

Yvette Chanco yvette.chanco at cohesiveft.com
Thu Jul 19 17:16:56 BST 2007

I work with cohesiveft and lshift on bundling rabbitmq into various
final targets (it's actually the topic of my talk at Ubuntu Live on
Sunday).

So, qualifying that I've only been testing on feisty and and edgy,
not dapper, and that the version of erlang available in dapper is
1:10, what I've found to be the issue usually is a few dependencies
down, on the libssl level. Since it's within my power to do so, I
solve the problem by making a custom repo with just the rabbitmq-
server and librabbitmq-java packages, which means that an "apt-get
install rabbitmq-server" will pull the dependencies from the standard
repo for the running system. However, as not everybody likes to build
their own repo, the other option is...

Don't use the lshift repository (deb http://dev.rabbitmq.com/debian/
unstable/), but do make sure that the lines for universe in your
sources.list are uncommented. Erlang is a universe component.

   sudo apt-get update
   sudo apt-get install erlang-base erlang-nox
   wget http://dev.rabbitmq.com/debian/unstable/rabbitmq-server_1.0.0-
alpha-2_all.deb
   wget http://dev.rabbitmq.com/debian/unstable/librabbitmq-
java_1.0.0-alpha-1_all.deb
   sudo dpkg -i rabbitmq-server_1.0.0-alpha-2_all.deb librabbitmq-
java_1.0.0-alpha-1_all.deb

As Ben says, though, once you get erlang installed you could also use
the binaries. As long as they work with 1:10, which (as I mentioned
above) I haven't tested. If it doesn't work, the possible solutions
for 6.06 would be more.... interesting.

-Yvette