[rabbitmq-discuss] Calls to management functions

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 10:25:23 BST 2007

> Can you supply more details, so I can try reproducing this?

Server side: I'm running rabbit without a node name from an erlang
shell using application:start(rabbit). Only the erlang compiled code
is in the path, i.e. I ran erl -pa rabbitmq/ebin

Client side: I ran the main method of the Manager utility:
com.rabbitmq.tools.Manager localhost 5672 without changing anything.

It just blocks at line 173 in RpcClient:

Object reply = k.uninterruptibleGet();

which is where my other test client was blocking as well.

I'll try a thread dump, but it doesn't look like this because I can
see that the main loop of the client is running and is still reading
and writing frames in the background (presumeably heartbeats).

The server is not outputing any error logs for this.