[rabbitmq-discuss] Python Client for RabbitMQ/AMQP?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Aug 23 19:09:15 BST 2007

Alexis Richardson wrote:

> We want to fix this.  Do you have any other examples of mismatch
> between OpenAMQ and RabbitMQ?

I thought OpenAMQ implements 0-9.

> I think we've managed to nail down the ones for Qpid -- Matthias any comments?

Interop with the Java client and server of Qpid's M1 release is working
now. It required a few tweaks, which will be in the next RabbitMQ release.

 >> For example, rabbitmq requires an
 >> access.request call before accessing anything while openamq doesn't
 >> implement access.request at all and gives you a channel error if you
 >> even make the call.

Looks like OpenAMQ behaves the same as Qpid in this regard, so the hacks
we put in place to work with the latter should also work for OpenAMQ.

 >> On the side of rabbitmq doing things wrong, the
 >> authentication is completely screwy - the server response says that
 >> it only supports PLAIN authentication but the server only implements
 >> AMQPLAIN.
 >> [...]
 >> particularly in the case of the authentication rabbitmq
 >> seems to be making specific allowances for qpid even tho it appears
 >> qpid is not following the spec exactly.

We have hacked the PLAIN authentication to match Qpids. Our AMQPLAIN
authentication is what the spec defines as PLAIN authentication.

Is OpenAMQ doing PLAIN authentication in conformance with the spec?

If so, the only way I can think of addressing the discrepancy at our end
is to check what client is trying to connect to the RabbitMQ server and
make PLAIN auth behave accordingly. Same in our client code. That's
rather gross and brittle though.

Does anybody know how things are looking on the OpenAMQ <-> Qpid interop
front?

matthias.