[rabbitmq-discuss] Reliability and AMQP

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Wed Aug 22 21:51:10 BST 2007

Tanmay

Acks will be provided for any publishing party with an appropriate
'session' (new in 0-10) with the AMQP broker.  All brokers and in
particular exchanges will be able to manage a session.

To answer your last question: both direct and topic based routing will
be available inside a session, and the broker will be able to ack p2p
type cases and various pub/sub type cases.  Thus, delegation from an
unreliable sender to a reliable client *will* work.

I.e.: "What goes in, must come out".

Messaging from broker to receiving parties will be analogous, but will
not in 0-10 deliver 'reliable multicast' as is normally understood in
the literature.  Look forward to multicast support being introduced
soon after.

I'll check with the WG on what I can show you from the current draft
of 0-10.  As I said, it's an open spec.

alexis

--
Alexis Richardson