[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems while trying interoperability

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Aug 22 18:02:11 BST 2007

Tanmay,

Goel, Tanmay wrote:
> Yes, I'm currently running the M1 release.
> Rabbit-sasl.log is empty and I also couldn't find stdout that you
> mentioned.

And there is nothing unusual in the rabbit.log either?

One useful debugging tool is the protocol tracer that comes as part of
the RabbitMQ examples and is documented at
   http://www.rabbitmq.com/examples.html#tracer
This will show you what messages are being sent between the client and
server and may reveal the cause of the problems you are seeing.

Btw, what Qpid client code were you running? One of the provided examples?

I have managed to get the Qpid's service{Providing,Requesting}Client.sh
and topic{Listener,Publisher}.sh tests to run against RabbitMQ, but it
did require some hacks to the broker code in order to work around the
lack of access.request / realm / ticket handling in the QPid Java
client. I will add these changes to RabbitMQ's "lax_mode" (as documented
at http://www.rabbitmq.com/interoperability.html) in the next release.

Matthias