[rabbitmq-discuss] Reliability and AMQP

Alexis Richardson alexis.richardson at cohesiveft.com
Wed Aug 22 00:44:06 BST 2007

Tanmay

The kind of reliability that you refer to will appear in AMQP 0-10.
We have been working on this or over six months, along with others
from the AMQP Working Group.  It's an important future enhancement to
AMQP, and to RabbitMQ, and one that we are all excited about.

Existing users will be able to continue using 0-8 and 0-9 (which is
almost the same as 0-8), but for those who need 'acks', that will
become a built-in feature of the spec, and of RabbitMQ.

The 0-10 draft is not strictly speaking for general consumption, as
you might expect with a work in progress.  But we welcome commentary
and it is an 'open' spec, so do please let me know if you would like
to get involved.

alexis