[rabbitmq-discuss] Check Queues Exist on Publish (and Read?)

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue May 27 14:21:32 BST 2014

 On 27 May 2014 at 17:18:51, Patrick Long (pat at munkiisoft.com) wrote:
> > 1. Is there a way to tell RabbitMQ to chill out about queues not
> being found?

You can do that queue.declare with passive = true on a separate channel or via HTTP API

> 2. Is my performance tweak worth it? Should I just be checking
> and creating a queue before trying to read from it?

It depends on how you read. If you use basic.consume, which is often used
just once in the entire consumer lifecycle, then simply declare the queue you need,
bind it, etc.

If you use basic.get, you need to perform declaration and so on once. Every time you
declare a queue, it's a network roundtrip, so it will affect throughput.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ