[rabbitmq-discuss] Recover crashing node

ranjitiyer ranjitiyer at gmail.com
Wed May 14 19:06:09 BST 2014

Appreciate your quick response. The documentation assumes erl is running. I
have trouble starting erl and keeping it running when the master (A) isn't
available. Note that in our scenario someone could physically turn off
Machine B and so when B comes back up, I first need to "rabbitmq-server
-detached" and I am seeing erl will crash if A isn't available. So I don't
have an opportunity to fix the cluster using rabbitmqctl commands.

I deleted the database folders under /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia but erl
crashes right away when I start rabbit (rabbitmq-server -detached). I am
certain I am doing something wrong here. Please advise.

Thanks,
Ranjit