[rabbitmq-discuss] Exclusive queues and mirroring

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Mar 10 09:54:19 GMT 2014

On 08/03/2014 00:21, Jonathan Holland wrote:
> When we enable exclusive and autodelete, the queue no longer mirrors.

Since nobody else mentioned this in in thread: when you mark a queue as
exclusive, we disable mirroring (and durability) as of 3.2.0. This is
because when the queue's node goes down the connection will be closed
anyway, so we have to delete the queue. Therefore there's no point in it
being durable or mirrored.

As previously mentioned in the thread though, I think you were looking
for autodelete semantics. And maybe didn't need miroring at all :-)

Cheers, Simon