[rabbitmq-discuss] rabbitmq on WinCE

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Jun 17 11:49:51 BST 2014

On 17 June 2014 at 14:46:24, Bleyl, Matthias (matthias.bleyl at knorr-bremse.com) wrote:
> > I have several software components (on the same WinCE device)
> for which I am looking for a communication service.
>
> As far as I understand I need to run Rabbit itself on Win CE for this.
> (Most of the time, my WinCE device runs without any interface
> to a backend server. Therefor I must not depend on an external
> broker)

Understood.

There is an Erlang port for Win CE:
http://erlang.org/doc/embedded/embedded_nt.html

however, I'm not sure if anyone has tried running RabbitMQ on it.
In theory there are only two parts that are OS-specific: disk monitor
and OS memory limit calculation, but the latter not functioning will likely cause
Rabbit to not start .

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ