[rabbitmq-discuss] SSL upgrade error cacrtfile

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Jun 11 10:38:08 BST 2014

On 11/06/14 08:15, Narayan Reddy wrote:
> Checked the permissions for the files, all permissions set to 777 for
> ssl files. and change the owner of the files to active RMQ process user.
> still facing the same error >
> {options,{cacertfile,"/home/prime/SSL/testca/cacert.pem",{error,eacces}}}}

That "eaccess" really is telling you that the file cannot be read. Just
because the permissions on the files are open doesn't mean the file can
be read; intermediate directories must be readable too.

I strongly recommend you become the rabbitmq user (with e.g. "sudo -s -u
rabbitmq") and try to read the files. This should let you diagnose any
problems.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen