[rabbitmq-discuss] Redundant Cluster

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 17:43:05 BST 2014

If you're worried about the crash - definitely look at two clusters.  You
can use shovel to keep them in sync.  We're using a fanout to two queues on
the publish side to a rabbit cluster locally.  Then each queue is shoveled
to a cluster on the remote side.

Jason

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>
wrote:

>  On 2 June 2014 at 20:26:13, guardion (guardion at sapo.pt) wrote:
> > > I have a producer sending messages to a rabbitmq cluster composed
> > by two
> > machines (A and B)
> >
> > I can use mirrored queues to achieve availability in case of crash.
> > A and B
> > have the same state (exchanges, queues, messages) right ?
>
> Queue mirroring replicate queue state. It does not affect exchanges.
>
> See http://www.rabbitmq.com/ha.html and
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/partitions.html
> for more information.
>
> > What i need is that messages delivered to the cluster are replicated
> > and
> > consumed individually, meaning, Message Y arrives at the cluster,
> > then it's
> > replicated to A and B, and consumed by a consumer working in A and
> > another
> > consumer working in B.
> >
> > The same message should be consumed separatly in each node.
> >
> > How can i make this? Do i need to turn off mirored queues and create
> > different exchanges ?
>
> You need to use fanout or topic exchange and make sure that messages
> are routed to multiple queues. First part of your question suggests
> you want those queues to be mirrored.
>
> However, you may want to replicate data between two clusters. See
> Shovel and Federation plugins:
>
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/shovel.html
> http://www.rabbitmq.com/federation.html
> --