[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT login failed for "guest" access_refused even after mentioning loopback_users

Ankur5 C ankur5.c at tcs.com
Fri Jul 18 11:32:57 BST 2014

ok , great i will use guest as default user and pass.

This is my rabbit config file :

[{rabbit,        [{tcp_listeners,    [5672]},{ssl_listeners, [5671]},
                        {ssl_options,
[{cacertfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/testca/cacert.pem"},
                    {certfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/cert.pem"},
                    {keyfile,"/etc/rabbitmq/server/key.pem"},
                    {verify,verify_peer},
                                {fail_if_no_peer_cert,false}]}]},
 {rabbitmq_mqtt, [{default_user,     <<"guest">>},
                  {default_pass,     <<"guest">>},
                  {allow_anonymous,  true},
                  {vhost,            <<"/">>},
                  {subscription_ttl, 1800000},
                  {prefetch,         10},
                  {ssl_listeners,    [8883]},
                  {tcp_listeners,    [1883]},
                  {tcp_listen_options, [binary,
                                        {packet,    raw},
                                        {reuseaddr, true},
                                        {backlog,   128},
                                        {nodelay,   true}]}]}
].

Please let me know where should I provide the loopback_users ?

Ankur Chakraborty
Tata Consultancy Services
Plot C, Block EP ,
Salt Lake Electronics Complex