[rabbitmq-discuss] MQTT login failed for "guest" access_refused even after mentioning loopback_users

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Fri Jul 18 10:51:25 BST 2014

 On 18 July 2014 at 13:43:32, Ankur5 C (ankur5.c at tcs.com) wrote:
> > Also sharing my client code : Do I need to use any user name and
> password
> at the client end?

You can configure MQTT plugin to not perform authentication as authentication
is optional in MQTT:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/mqtt.html

If you ask me, this is a terrible MQTT feature (and in fact
I know that some MQTT-based services reject unauthenticated clients).
But if you use default_user and default_pass, you do not need to provide
any credentials. That's why default_user/default_pass are there.

Again, this is pretty clearly documented in http://www.rabbitmq.com/mqtt.html.
--
MK