[rabbitmq-discuss] Low performance when there are many messages in ready or unacked state

Anahi anahi.hojnadel at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 18:04:07 GMT 2014

Thanks for the info! I read the article, but we can't use that
implementation since it seems to be kind of experimental and we need to
mantain the app as stable as possible,

Regarding the prefetch count, I'm not really sure about how it works in the
.net version. I've tried with this code _channel.BasicQos(0, 50, false) and
the only difference I see is that unacked messages ratio keep constant. But
there's no performance improvement.

We're using: RabbitMQ 3.2.2, Erlang R16B03

*Setting prefetch count before consuming data:*
Deliver 24/s
Ack 20~24/s
Published 1600/s

*Without prefetch count:*
Deliver 10~30/s
Ack 20~30/s
Published 1600/s

When we decreased the publish ratio (by adding sleep after sending each
message) we could increase the deliver ratio up to 90/s, but when the
number of messages within ready state start growing, the deliver ratio
decreases to 20/s again.

Thanks!!!

Anni..