[rabbitmq-discuss] A question on federation status reporting

Matt Pietrek mpietrek at skytap.com
Mon Jan 13 23:49:21 GMT 2014

Thanks Simon!

I'm not sure how I manage to misconfigure my federation to include the
internal queues.

If it helps, here's what my Policies page shows for the federation:

skytap-federation<http://tuk5r1mqvip1.mgt.integ.skytap.com:15672/#/policies/%2F/skytap-federation>
skytapallfederation-upstream-set:allha-mode:all0

And her are the snippets of python code I use to set up federation:

rabbitmq_invoke_http_api(broker_host,
                                      'PUT',

'/api/parameters/federation-upstream/%%2f/upstream-%s' %
(quote_plus(federated_broker)),

'{"value":{"uri":"amqp://%(username)s:%(password)s@%(host)s:%(port)s"}}' %
(federated_settings))

then,

rabbitmq_invoke_http_api(broker_host,
                                      'PUT',
                                      '/api/policies/%2f/skytap-federation',
                                      '{"pattern":"skytap",
"definition":{"federation-upstream-set":"all","ha-mode":"all"}}')

Thanks again,

Matt