[rabbitmq-discuss] A question on federation status reporting

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Mon Jan 13 18:21:28 GMT 2014

Hi Matt.

Federated exchanges declare queues for internal use. These are the
queues with names beginning "federation: " which you have probably
already seen.

It looks like in your case those internal queues are themselves becoming
federated. This is unlikely to be a useful thing.

You should review your federation policies and make sure those queues
are not included in them. If you don't intend to federate queues at all
then the easiest way is to set the federation policy to only apply to
exchanges.

I'll also file a bug to prevent those queues from ever federating,
regardless of policy...

Cheers, Simon