[rabbitmq-discuss] Change in semantics of {exchange, queue}.{unbind, delete}

Alan Antonuk alan.antonuk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 01:17:31 GMT 2014

It appears that the semantics of exchange.delete, exchange.unbind,
queue.delete, and queue.unbind when the entity doesn't exist have changed:
they used to throw a channel exception, now they do not.

It appears like this is intensional:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/specification.html

I cannot seem to find at which version this change was made (it must've
been recently as there was discussion in late september about the older
behavior).

Could someone point me at the release in which this change was made? I'm
also kind of curious as to why this behavior was changed (which I would
assume was for perf reasons).

-Alan