[rabbitmq-discuss] Unexaplainable behaviour with shovel plugin.

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Thu Feb 27 12:31:02 GMT 2014

On 27/02/14 12:11, Claire Fautsch wrote:
> Probably this will not really solve the situation, as we will see then
> the messages waiting as "Ready" instead of as "Unacknowledged"

Quite possibly. But it will keep memory use in your shovel much more
controlled, which has to be a good thing.

> but on
> the other hand, maybe it avoids the shovel connections to the
> destination brokers to get in a "flow" or even "blocked" state, where
> the publishs are limited. (any opinion on this?)

Well, if the publishing connection is in "flow" state then that just
means that it would like to publish faster, but something (the
downstream queue probably) can't keep up.

Ultimately you probably need more capacity in your destination brokers,
if the source brokers are backing up.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen