[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker shutdown_error

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Feb 27 11:52:15 GMT 2014

On 26 Feb 2014, at 16:40, Lothe Shashank <Shashank.Lothe at techmahindra.com> wrote:

> While I continuously publishing some data through this broker I gave rabbitmqctl stop_app command. This command was not successfully executed and the execution of this command hanged. I checked the syslog for the broker. It showed following error.
>
> =CRASH REPORT==== 25-Feb-2014::14:01:30 ===
>   crasher:
>     initial call: rabbit_reader:init/2
>     pid: <0.773.0>
>     registered_name: []
>     exception exit: channel_termination_timeout
>       in function  rabbit_reader:wait_for_channel_termination/2
>       in call from rabbit_reader:handle_exception/3
>       in call from rabbit_reader:terminate/2

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce this (with flood publishing).

Is there anything in SASL log? Can you share some publisher code
that reproduces the problem?

Also, why did you need to use `rabbitmqctl stop_app` over, say, system service
manager like upstart or init.d?

MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ