[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker shutdown_error

Lothe Shashank Shashank.Lothe at techmahindra.com
Wed Feb 26 12:40:53 GMT 2014

Hi,

I am using RMQ server 3.2.3, Erlang R16B03 broker.

While I continuously publishing some data through this broker I gave rabbitmqctl stop_app command. This command was not successfully executed and the execution of this command hanged. I checked the syslog for the broker. It showed following error.

=CRASH REPORT==== 25-Feb-2014::14:01:30 ===
  crasher:
    initial call: rabbit_reader:init/2
    pid: <0.773.0>
    registered_name: []
    exception exit: channel_termination_timeout
      in function  rabbit_reader:wait_for_channel_termination/2
      in call from rabbit_reader:handle_exception/3
      in call from rabbit_reader:terminate/2
      in call from rabbit_reader:handle_other/2
      in call from rabbit_reader:mainloop/2
      in call from rabbit_reader:run/1
      in call from rabbit_reader:start_connection/5
    ancestors: [<0.771.0>,rabbit_tcp_client_sup,rabbit_sup,<0.139.0>]
    messages: []
    links: []
    dictionary: [{credit_blocked,[]},
                  {{ch_pid,<0.784.0>},{1601,#Ref<0.0.0.15943>}},
                  {{channel,1601},
                   {<0.784.0>,{method,rabbit_framing_amqp_0_9_1}}}]
    trap_exit: true
    status: running
    heap_size: 2586
    stack_size: 27
    reductions: 8366
  neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 25-Feb-2014::14:01:30 ===
     Supervisor: {<0.771.0>,rabbit_connection_sup}
     Context:    shutdown_error
     Reason:     channel_termination_timeout
     Offender:   [{pid,<0.773.0>},
                  {name,reader},
                  {mfargs,{rabbit_reader,start_link,[<0.772.0>]}},
                  {restart_type,intrinsic},
                  {shutdown,4294967295},
                  {child_type,worker}]

What could be the reason for this?