[rabbitmq-discuss] getting RabbitMQ out of user folder

Michael Klishin mklishin at pivotal.io
Fri Aug 8 19:25:34 BST 2014

On 8 August 2014 at 22:18:32, Andy Martin (akmartin at gmail.com) wrote:
> > I am trying to get RabbitMQ out of my personal directory.

You likely will find it a lot more convenient to override RABBITMQ_BASE:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/relocate.html

Note that for Windows server to notice the environment variable changes,
it has to be *re-installed* (not just restarted). This is mentioned on
http://www.rabbitmq.com/configure.html

Moving the Erlang cookie is possible but fiddly and fragile on Windows. Unless you have
dozens of users all of which need to have the cookie, I'd perhaps leave it
as is.
--
MK