[rabbitmq-discuss] getting RabbitMQ out of user folder

Andy Martin akmartin at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 19:16:21 BST 2014

I am trying to get RabbitMQ out of my personal directory. This seems to be
an impossible task. This is in my environment:

{enabled_plugins_file,"C:/Users/admin-amartin/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/enabled_plugins"}

Even though I have this in my config file.

{enabled_plugins_file, "D:/RabbitMQ/enabled_plugins"}

Does RabbitMQ not respect that setting in the config file?

Also, is there any way to move the erlang cookie out of the user folder as
well? It's just kind of strange having those in a user folder given that
any of a number of users might need to perform maintenance or upgrades.

Thanks in advance.