[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ on Windows XP - Failed to create cookie file

prex c1ear at sympatico.ca
Fri Apr 25 14:35:57 BST 2014

I realize that this thread is old but I just wanted to add some more insight
here. I'm also seeing this problem with latest version of RabbitMQ (3.1.0)
and it seems there is an issue when the Windows AD home path is set on the
account RabbitMQ is being configured under. Some organizations set Windows
users home dir to a shared location (usually z:\ ). RabbitMQ however seems
to have issues with this regardless what permissions are set for this
directory. Directories local to the machine RabbitMQ is configured on are
OK.