[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Deployment Architectures (for lack of a better subject)

Jason McIntosh mcintoshj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 16:11:36 BST 2014

We do something like this using dns and search lists.  e.g.  we shovel to
an "rabbitbroker" which using search list on low SLA boxes
"rabbitrbroker.batchprocessing.internaldomain" yet on higher priority
systems, that has a different search list that resolves to
"rabbitbroker.interactive.internaldomain"  This way our queues, exchanges,
configurations are all identical, we just change where the shovels point to.

Jason

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Greg Poirier <greg.poirier at opower.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Michael Klishin <mklishin at gopivotal.com>wrote:
>
>> A small service that clients ask where to connect before doing so
>> sounds reasonable.
>>

> Yup. I've got some ideas on how to do this with configuration management
> once we have made it so that all services are deployed by Chef. It's this
> interim state that we're in that is making things atrociously difficult.

Jason McIntosh
https://github.com/jasonmcintosh/
573-424-7612