[rabbitmq-discuss] Ready, Unacked and Total messages of Queues

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Tue Apr 15 08:58:35 BST 2014

On 15 April 2014 at 11:56:25, Juno Chan (juno at algorithmictradinggroup.com) wrote:
> > So it's good to hear that #ready msgs high is not impacting RabbitMQ
> performance.

Yes, it will, as soon as there are so many messages that RabbitMQ has to perform
a lot of disk I/O.

> because we encountered an issues like the total messages in rabbit
> was up to 300K, while some applications have queues of extremely
> high #ready, but no #unack, while some applications have queues
> of high #unack, but no #ready.

My point was that you should avoid overloaded queues and there are multiple
features that help you with that even if you can’t have more consumer capacity
that producer one.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ