[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Message consuming issue (when consumer keepting idle)

Michael Klishin mklishin at gopivotal.com
Thu Apr 10 12:51:50 BST 2014

On 10 April 2014 at 14:56:28, Mahendrakumar Yadavalli (mahendrakumary at neelinfo.com) wrote:
> > Both the producer and consumer are working fine. We got an issue
> like “when the android device kept idle for a long time, and start
> working on it after some time, then messages are not consuming
> from consumer side. once we delete the queue then it will work
> fine”. The problem is when we kept the client device idle for long
> time this issue occurs.

There have to be some error messages somewhere. One possible reason is
that when a device goes idle for a long time, Android hibernates
the app entirely and it does not send out heartbeats, so RabbitMQ
considers the connection dead.

There should be warnings in RabbitMQ log about this.
--
MK

Software Engineer, Pivotal/RabbitMQ