[rabbitmq-discuss] Removal of the 'impersonator' tag from 3.3.0

Simon MacMullen simon at rabbitmq.com
Wed Apr 2 17:21:33 BST 2014

On 02/04/14 17:14, Gotthard, Petr wrote:
> May I ask why the 'impersonator' tag has been removed from 3.3.0? I
> thought it was a useful feature I will miss it.

It was really an internal implementation detail of the federation plugin
that "escaped".

We removed it because we had no idea people would find it useful.

Can I ask what you were doing with it? It would not be impossible to
bring it back, but I am genuinely curious as to why anyone would need it.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, Pivotal