[rabbitmq-discuss] Channel storms

carlhoerberg carl.hoerberg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 15:37:24 BST 2013

Yes, you're right, the screenshot was from another server, a server that
experienced another "channel storm" a couple of days before the last one.

Ok, didn't know that channels could outlive connections, but that can
explain our problem, as we kill connections with too many channels. They
immediately reconnect and again starts thousands of channels, over and over
again, and the channels adds up as they outlive the connection. So a better
solution for us is to block new connections completely for a while instead
of just killing individual connections.

Thanks!