[rabbitmq-discuss] enableing rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel plugin kills RabbitMQ service on Windows

GGGforce gcleaves at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 17:04:12 BST 2013

I've got RabbitMQ running as a service on Windows.  When I enable the
plugin and try restarting the server/service RabbitMQ won't start and the
log file shows this:

=INFO REPORT==== 6-Sep-2013::17:54:18 ===
node           : rabbit at ANVBCN06
home dir       : C:\windows
config file(s) : (none)
cookie hash    : VSCf2Wv/PewPeUDgp9g6zA==
log            : C:/Users/ss/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at xx06.log
sasl log       :
C:/Users/ss/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/log/rabbit at xx06-sasl.log
database dir   : c:/Users/ss/AppData/Roaming/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit at xx06-mnesia

=INFO REPORT==== 6-Sep-2013::17:54:19 ===
Error description:
   {could_not_start,rabbit,undef}

When I disable the plugin the server starts again just fine.  I've tried
the rabbitmq-service.bat stop/install/start with no luck either.

How can I get the rabbitmq-jsonrpc-channel pluging working?

Thanks