[rabbitmq-discuss] How to Integrate MDBs with RabbitMQ?

Gordon Sim gsim at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 15:57:11 BST 2013

On 09/03/2013 03:45 PM, Rajasekhar P wrote:
> Yes Gary, MDBs require JMS. I have gone through the documentation which
> is available in the above URL. So, if we follow these we need to rewrite
> the consumer code instead of making use of existing MDBs. Rewriting the
> entire code is only the option or is there any approach which we can
> make use of MDBs?

You could try using the Qpid JMS client. However as far as I know MDB
integration has only been tested over AMQP 0-10. In theory the client
supports other versions including 0-9-1 and there is also a 1.0 based
JMS client, but there may be some issues getting JCA working over those
to your satisfaction. One point to make is that XA transactions would
*not* work over any of the other versions as the specs don't define
support for that.